5 things I’ve learned using a GenM.co apprentice
GenM is a great (and small) investment for entrepreneurs. I started using GenM.co about 4 months ago and wanted to share a little more about my experience with a GenM apprenticeship review of what I discovered using this service.
If you aren’t familiar, GenM is a website that connects entrepreneurs with apprentices that are tasked with supporting your business.
Students can get online training and real-world work experience and business owners can get marketing support while partnering with an apprentice who wants to learn in an actual business setting. It can be a win for the student if you have a bit of time to mentor them and it can be a huge win for the business owner in several different ways. Below is my GenM apprenticeship review.
Here are a few I have discovered:
- A different perspective! It’s been great having an extra set of eyes on my content – whether that is my website or social media. My first apprentice was able to increase the SEO on my website with some feedback, a couple of great blog posts and some other tips that were in her skill set, but not in mine.
- Improving communication skills! It is helping me gain clarity about what kind of help I want to eventually hire out. Because each apprentice has a slightly different set of skills, I can experiment with them supporting me in a variety of areas.
- Learning to communicate more effectively! I am getting MUCH better with super clear communication about my expectations and desired outcomes. This is not one of my greatest strengths, so it’s a muscle that is worth exercising.
- Interviewing practice! I get to practice interviewing skills as I connect with potential matches.
- Mentoring and teaching! I love supporting potential entrepreneurs.
I am sure as I continue using this system, I will find more and more reasons to love it.
At $149 for the first three months, there is also minimal risk for any size business. If you use my link, you can even get $25 off your first purchase – https://genm.co/r/3l5d5g6l5 (Full disclosure – if you sign up, you get $25 and so do I)
I am happy to answer other questions if you have them…or follow my link and check out your potential matches.